Forgetting the passwords and IDs is a common problem that website users can come across but the situation can be quite problematic. If a user loses access to his Yahoo ID and/or password, they would have to carry out a process which requires them to give their cell phone number which they had given while they made their Yahoo account. Also, in case he forgets both the ID as well as the password, he will have to carry out two separate processes, firstly the recovery of the ID and secondly the resetting of the password. He may either try the same on his own or take help from Yahoo customer care phone number.
Here is a list of steps to be followed for recovery of Yahoo ID and password:
Recovering the forgotten/lost Yahoo ID
- Access the Yahoo login page by pressing ‘Sign In’ on the top of the Yahoo page. Start the recovery process by clicking ‘I can’t access my account’.
- Then select ‘I Forgot My Yahoo! ID” and press ‘Next’.
- Now enter the cell phone number you had given while making the account and then press ‘Next’ for receiving a text with Yahoo ID. If you want an email instead of a text message for the same, enter your alternate email ID in the account settings.
- Now you need to check your text messages for accessing the Yahoo ID, and if you have multiple IDs for one phone number, all of these will be included in the message. Come back to the Yahoo login page of the computer and sign in with the recovered ID and password, if you remember it. If not, proceed with the next steps to reset the password.
Resetting the Password
- On the login page, click on ‘I can’t access my account’ and them choose the option of ‘I have a problem with my password’. Then click ‘Next’.
- Now enter the Yahoo ID and press ‘Next’.
- Now choose to send a text to the cell number or the alternate email address and press ‘Next’ to proceed with the next step.
- Confirm your identity by filling in the missing digits of your cell number as asked. Press ‘Next’ for sending the text.
- Read the verification code which you have received in your text message.
- Enter this code in the computer and click on ‘next’ for resetting the password. In case you haven’t got it yet, choose ‘I didn’t get the text message, resend the code to my mobile number’ or ‘I want to try a different recovery option’.
- Now type a new password and confirm the same by entering it in the ‘Confirm Password’ box. Press ‘Next’ for finalizing the Yahoo mail password recovery, then return to login page now login with the new password.
Though you can easily carry out this process, problems may still be there, for which you can contact the company support number. If in case, this number is unavailable, it is a good idea to connect with one of the alternate numbers provided on the online directory 247helpnumber.com
Any type of issue Call 24/7 Customer Support
Expert Technician, Excellent Customer Service
Call @ 1-888-300-4330